Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rebuilding a Life

 Only just a few weeks ago I was still working towards rebuilding an entirely new life, a life with Menieres Disease. 
As you have maybe already seen on a previous blog post, I drove north to Germany this fall and found a Menieres Clinic and Dr. Golenhofen.
 
Things have changed a little, I'm still trying to rebuild a life, but now that the vestibular part if my condition, which apparently does not qualify as Ménière's disease has been helped. I have had zero vertigo attacks since my trip to Germany. 
I'm now looking at rebuilding the life I once had, guiding clients in the mountains!! This does not come without a certain amount of apprehension and fear. I'm weary of rebuilding my past only to lose it again.

I've recently have had some great days in the mountains skiing and ski touring, both with clients and with friends. It's been amazing and way more than I could have wished for just a few weeks ago. I now know that physically I would be able to start guiding more often. The difficulty I'm having is with the highs I'm getting from being in the mountains again, a lot higher and happier than I have been in a long time. Now I'm beginning to be terrified of losing it all over again. 

I should be satisfied with the improvements in lifestyle that I have attained already... I get this!! Think forward... I get this as well. 

It will take time to get this all together... Time will heal... 

I know that if and when the vertigo starts again. I will be able to get the treatment again. 

I would love to be able to charge forward and rebuild the old me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment